Simon Pan is a Designer
Hi. I’m an Australian Designer motivated by the belief that technology and equitable access to information will create a more just and inclusive world. I’m equally motivated by a skepticism for what is.
I'm part of the Google Search team, where I design for news, storytelling and personalization.
In my ex-lives, I helped Medium improve the story discovery experience; I redesigned the pickup experience for the Uber Rider app; and I co-led the design and launch of the Amazon Prime Music service.
I’m also a dormant musician, a wannabe writer and another human trying to figure out how to best contribute to society and live a more creatively fulfilling life.
Thanks for stopping by.
“His craft is UX but Simon is so much more than that. He loves to solve problems and is obsessive about thinking every experience as simple and intuitive as it could possibly be. He never takes an accepted, linear approach to get there … In fact, Simon has that golden combination of incredible talent, boundless enthusiasm, is a curiosity fuelled collaborator and a really fun guy to work with … You will never regret hiring Simon.”
Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.
- Barclays Bikes Mobile App—“Use of Mobile” Winner · DADI Awards · October 2013
- Barclays Bikes Mobile App—Most Effective Mobile Travel & Tourism Solution · Effective Mobile Marketing Awards · 2012
- MINI Psychic Roadster—Winner · BIMA · September 2013
- MINI Psychic Roadster—“People's Voice” Winner · Webby Awards · 2013
- Talk to Frank—Public Shortlist · FWA · 2013
- Talk to Frank—Honoree · Webby Awards · 2013
- MINI Psychic Roadster—Highly Commended · Rev Awards · 2013
- MINI Psychic Roadster—Finalist · One Show Interactive · 2012
- MINI Psychic Roadster—Runner Up · Creative Showcase · 2012